Electric arcs seem to be the most common cause of PV installation fires. In turn, they are usually caused by assembly errors, product defects (e.g. faulty soldering inside the panel) or mechanical damage caused, for example, by animals chewing through the wires.
Electric arcs usually occur when contacts are disconnected or wires are interrupted, between which the air ionizes and the current continues to flow. This phenomenon generates high temperatures (up to 3,000 degrees Celsius!), which can melt even glass and become a direct source of fire.
We would like to remind you how important it is that the installation is carried out carefully and that the connections are the minimum necessary. Of course, we do not encourage you to purchase arc detectors on your own! However, it is worth paying attention to whether the company we choose as a service technician offers installation inspection with a detector.
To prevent your own photovoltaics from turning into a nightmare, it is worth trusting professionals who can boast of numerous training courses and quality certificates, as well as experience on the market. At the same time, you should not be influenced primarily by the price, because in this case it does not necessarily indicate the quality of the service. Let us remember that, contrary to appearances, photovoltaic fires are rare, which does not exempt us from observing the basic fire safety rules applicable to the technical specifications of individual installations. To find out the best solution for your home, contact our specialists.